HK pregnancy tester for cows
The HK pregnancy tester for cows is a simple ultrasound machine for the immediate diagnosis of pregnancies without a transrectal examination. It gives the cattle farmer an early overview and prevents surprises such as false pregnancies and miscarriages.
How it works
The pregnancy tester is able to determine a pregnancy using ultrasonic waves. The probe of the handheld device is covered in oil and held against the measuring site. It reacts upon the incidence of the ultrasonic waves with the amniotic fluid: Pregnancy is indicated acoustically by a persistent, clear beep, and visually via a red light on the device.
- HK pregnancy tester for cows
- For the easy detection/monitoring of a pregnancy
- Easy to operate, even without prior experience
- Can be used from the 90th day following insemination
- Ideal for use between the 120th and 240th day of insemination
- Examination time usually under 30 seconds
- No unpleasant rectal examinations necessary
- Examination completely risk-free
- Handheld device, can be attached to a belt - leaving hands free
- No annoying power cable
- Robust finish, sturdy plastic housing
- Supplied with test body for regular test measurements
- Powered by 4x 1.5 Volt AA batteries
- Battery caution light
- Dimension: 16,5 x 9 cm
- Weight: 525 gr (with bag 1,2 kg)
- Manufacturer's warranty: 24 month
The HK pregnancy tester for cows is supplied with a test body for regular test measurements.
If the probe is held incorrectly, there is the possibility of the ultrasonic waves hitting the bladder, leading to a false-positive diagnosis. It is always useful to perform a control scan 2-3 days later, as well as to practise on known pregnant and non-pregnant cows.
The HK pregnancy tester can diagnose a pregnancy after 90 days (> 90% reliability when used correctly). It is recommended to use it from the 120th day as the reliability increases.
The pregnancy test with the device by Rheintechnik is very easy to perform and doesn't require any expensive tools or long training periods. The examination time is usually less than 30 seconds. The only thing required in addition to the HK pregnancy tester is a clean oil that is to be applied to the probe head. A quick control scan should be performed with the supplied test body before each pregnancy examination.
Oil and dirt should be thoroughly removed from the probe and device after each use. Warm water can be used to clean the probe, and a clean, dry cloth for the device.